Dental treatment is an excellent investment in an individual’s medical and psychological well being. Financial considerations should not be an obstacle to obtaining this important health service. Being sensitive to the fact that different people have different needs in fulfilling their financial obligations, we are providing the following payment options.
The Dentists at Mercy is in network with the majority of PPO Dental plans from the following companies:
- CONNECTION DENTAL COMPANIES
- DELTA DENTAL
- DOMINION DENTAL
- DENTEMAX COMPANIES
- LINCOLN FINANCIAL GROUP
- THE STANDARD INSURANCE COMPANY
- UNITED CONCORDIA (EXCEPT FOR CONCORDIA PLUS)
- UPMC DENTAL ADVANTAGE
- UNITED HEALTHCARE
- AND OTHERS...
Don't see your coverage, but know that it is a PPO? We can gladly verify your coverage over the phone or through email. It is important to know this information at any office you choose to ensure your responsibilities based off of your dental plan. Coverages are ever changing, and may even change without your knowledge. Any of our representatives can ensure we can utilize your coverage before any appointment.
Once coverage is verified, The Dentists at Shadyside Place will accept an assignment of benefits from your insurance company with the following provisions. It is important to understand, though, that the contract regarding your dental benefits is between you, your employer, and your insurance company. The obligation you have with our practice is to pay for treatment, regardless of the amount that may or may not be reimbursed by your insurance company. The following provisions identify our policies governing insurance claims.
- Although we are willing to complete insurance information forms and submit a claim on your behalf, we do not accept responsibility for the outcome of the transaction. Completing insurance forms is a courtesy we extend to you in an effort to maximize your insurance reimbursement. By having our office process your insurance forms, it is important that you understand that it does not eliminate your financial obligation for your treatment.
- We will do our best, based on the information you provide us, to predict what your level of coverage for a particular procedure will be. However, it is up to the patient to verify specific dental benefits or coverage. The patient is responsible for payment of the difference. We require you to pay the co-payment, which is the amount not covered by your insurance company, at the time we provide the service to you.
- Insurance payments are ordinarily are received within 30-60 days from the time of billing. If your insurance company has not made payment to our office within 60 days, we will ask you to pay the balance due at that time. You are responsible for seeking reimbursement from your insurance company at that time.
- Typically, your insurance company designates payment of services to our offices in the form of a business check, or virtual MasterCard. Should this payment be sent to your or dependents on your insurance claim, it is your responsibility to forward payment to our office in a timely fashion to avoid late fees or other penalizations to your account with our practice.
- Our office does not guarantee that your insurance company will pay for treatment you receive from our practice. We perform routine insurance billing procedures upon verification of coverage. However, if your claim is denied, you will be responsible for paying the full amount at that time.
- Our office will not enter into a dispute with your insurance company over any claim, although we will provide necessary documentation your insurance company requests to sort out any confusion or questions that may arise. We will cooperate fully with the regulations and requests of your insurance company. It is ultimately your responsibility to resolve any type of dispute over payments made or not made by your insurance company.
We accept all major credit card, HSA, and FSA accounts. Along with CareCredit standard term benefits.
Beginning 1/1/2023, ALL credit card transactions carry a 3% transaction fee due to escalating credit card processing fees
IN OFFICE MEMBERSHIP (No Insurance)
Adults: $269.00 Per Year
Couple: $469.00 Per Year
Child: $169.00 Per Year (Through the Age of 16)
Call to learn about the wonderful benefits this yearly membership gets you to boost your oral health!
Flexible Monthly Payment Options
With our convenient payment plan administered by CareCredit, you can have the smile of your dreams today. CareCredit, the nation’s leading patient payment program enables you to finance 100% of your dental care with NO money down, NO interest, no upfront costs, no annual fees, and no pre-payment penalties. So, begin your treatment TODAY!
CareCredit can be used by the entire family for ongoing treatment without having to reapply. CareCredit offers a comprehensive range of plan options, for treatment or procedure fees from $1 to over $25,000, and it only takes a few minutes to apply for CareCredit. To learn more about CareCredit, call 1-800-839-9078, or visit their website at www.CareCredit.com